An Alternative Laravel Package Development Workflow - SitePoint PHP

• Автор темы Planet PHP
  • Дата начала

Planet PHP

Every framework gives developers a way to extend the system using packages / extensions. We can generally hook in our logic at any point where we want to provide specific functionality, and Laravel is no exception! Following the article of my fellow author Francesco Malatesta about his Laravel package development workflow, I noticed that mine is a bit different and I wanted to share it with you!

Demo Package

As a demo package, we're going to build a Laravel two factor authentication package for this article. The package will handle the user authentication with a verification code being sent through a medium like Nexmo, Twilio, etc. You can check out the final package here.

Setting up the Repository

Before we start the development, we need to create a new repository inside GitHub so we can push/pull from it through the development phase.

Composer supports a repositories key inside the composer.json file. We can use this to specify our custom packages that don't yet exist on Packagist.

{
// ....
"repositories": [
{
"type": "vcs",
"url": "https://github.com/Whyounes/laravel-two-factor-auth-demo"
}
],
// ....
}

Now, we can require our package as usual.

{
// ....
"require": {
"php": ">=5.6.4",
"laravel/framework": "5.4.*",
"laravel/tinker": "~1.0",
"Whyounes/laravel-two-factor-auth-demo": "dev-master"
},
// ....
}

We can specify a branch or a version number. In case we want to use a branch, it should be prefixed with dev-. You can read more about configuring repositories on the Packagist website.

Continue reading %An Alternative Laravel Package Development Workflow%

Читать дальше...

Последнее редактирование модератором:
Сверху